Saturday, April 16, 2011

Austrailian Aborigine Rock Painting

This was our last project for my Lamppost Art and Geography class. In the morning, Grantley went with me to the stream at Welty's bridge, waded in and fished out some good sized stones.  The water must have been icy but he didn't mind.  Then we cleaned off all the slime and baked them in the oven for an hour or so.  I took all these hot rocks to class and the kids used crayons, which melted nicely into the rock surface to "paint" Australian aboriginal "dream" designs.  This was one of those projects I have been intending to do for years and it finally happened!  Thanks Grantley!  It wouldn't have happened without you!
by Shaliqua

by Ian

by Laura

Another lubok.  Josh, I just noticed the shadows of the onion dome towers, the tree and the house!  Very  cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment