Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lamppost Home School Exchange Finishes Strong!

Sharing time!
Practicing the skill of listening.

Luke reads a recipe

Snacks outside on a beautiful day!

Gabe enjoying a cooking.

We had our last Lamppost session last Friday.  For me, this was a moment to mark in my life.
When Josiah Long, Audrey Taylor and Anna Showalter were 5 years old, we moms, Kathy, Terri Sue and I put together a little home school group to meet once a week for a series of sessions each fall and spring.  Eventually, we took the name Lamppost Home School Exchange and various families came and went over the years.  That beginning was 18 years ago.
Times are different now.  My "baby" is 13 years old and our needs are shifting.  So an era comes to an end.  In my mind, I'm calling out to all you friends:  Toni, Pam, Terri Sue, Diane, Julie, Brenda, who have been part of Lamppost at some point to take note that Lamppost is now finished.  A good thing has come to a good end. . . so many good times. . . . it really deserves it's own photo album!  (Nice thought.)

Epilogue:  Kathy and Fairview Ave. Moms have caught a wonderful new vision for a weekly full day co-op that will be starting next year and will continue the name of Lamppost but will be very different from what it has been.  I will miss this wonderful group of moms and kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment